My baby turned three this month! Sweet Lola girl wanted a Tinkerbell party and picked out her tablecloth, plates, napkins, cups, and outfit to wear. We looked through the blog for dinner ideas and she chose Hot Beef Sandwiches au Jus, much to her Papa’s delight!
This is typical Lola, not used to the spotlight while opening gifts.
Showing off her baking outfit:
And deciding to blow out her candles with my help this year. Can you believe that sweet little face?! I just love the way she looks at me.
This little one is our lover. Always up for snuggles, hugs, and kisses. Always willing to share. Loves to do everything “Mine self!” Is talking non-stop and has the most contagious laugh. We love you sweet Lola-girl!!
I took a page from my Coldstone days and made an ice cream cake that fulfilled Lola’s “Pink with green on top” request. It was perfect on such a warm summer birthday celebration!
Press brownies into the bottom of a springform pan,
Pour and spread your softened ice cream on top and freeze.
Pour warm water around the edge of your pan and release.
Top with whipped cream if desired.
- 1 9x9 in. pan Ghirardelli Brownies, prepared
- 1.5 quart Breyer's Strawberry Ice Cream, softened
- 1 8 oz. Carton Heavy Whipping Cream (optional)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Bake brownies according to package directions and cool. Press brownies into the bottom of your springform pan.
- Scoop and spread the ice cream into the pan, on top of the brownies.
- Place the cake in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- When cake is completely frozen, remove from freezer and run the edges of the pan under warm water until the form can be removed.
- Place cake on serving platter and add whipped cream, if using.
- Whipped cream:
- Beat the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and desired color food coloring in stand mixer until stiff peaks form.