This Asian-infused salad is a light, refreshing, welcome addition to any meal. I love serving it alongside salmon, but it would go great with a number of main dishes. It comes together in minutes thanks to two handy kitchen tools. Here they are:
The OXO Mandoline Slicer and Julienne Peeler!
Use the mandoline on setting 3 to get those cucumber slices nice and thin, but to also have them retain some crunch.
Then, julienne the carrots. I hold the carrot in one hand, then pull the peeler away from me. You can play around and make long, noodle-like strips, or short ones.
Whisk the dressing, then pour it on top of your beautiful, crisp veggies.
Toss salad and place into serving bowls.
- 1 large English cucumber
- 2 large carrots
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut ends off of cucumber and carrots.
- Wash cucumber.
- Peel carrots and wash.
- Using the mandoline on setting 3, slice the cucumber into a medium bowl.
- Then, julienne the carrots and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, rice vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over cucumber and carrots, and toss until everything is coated.
- Adjust seasonings as necessary and serve.