This salsa recipe comes to you from the talented & adorable Jenny Flake of Picky Palate. Her cookbook, The Picky Palate Cookbook, is totally on my wish list! This recipe is her dad (who she calls Teedo)’s famous salsa and I can see why…I’ve made it twice now and it is awesomely unique. The secret of the consistency is the avocados. Mmm!
Julie over at Table for Two shared this recipe before Super Bowl Sunday, which was the first time I made this. It was a total hit, everyone just stood around the bowl and ate the salsa. If you’re a spicy fan (not me) you could add a jalapeño to give it a kick, but I adore this salsa as is. Talk about easy & delicious…enjoy!
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 1½ cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor bowl and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- If you have any left after serving, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to two weeks.