These taquitos are easy to make and so delicious! My mom made them for us while she was here for Lola’s birth, along with the mango quinoa salad. Thanks Mommy!! I found the recipes on Our Best Bites & made them again when we had the missionaries over for dinner this week.
- ⅓ C (3 oz) cream cheese
- ¼ C green salsa
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- ½ t cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- ½ t onion powder
- ¼ t granulated garlic
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- 2 T sliced green onions
- 2 C shredded cooked chicken
- 1 C grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- tortillas (I used whole wheat flour ones)
- kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it's soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and granulated garlic. Stir to combine and then add cilantro and green onions. Add chicken and cheese and combine well.
- You can prepare up to this step ahead of time. Just keep the mixture in the fridge.
- Place 2-3 T of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about ½ inch from the edges.
- Then roll it up as tight as you can.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Lay all of the taquitos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray or an oil mister and sprinkle some kosher salt on top.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing (my favorite dip of choice), guacamole, or salsa.
Now for the quinoa salad. It’s been floating around the internets for a while and now I see why it’s so popular. It is tasty & beautiful, look at how colorful it is. Bonus – it’s really good for you!
2 cups cooked quinoa at room temperature, or chilled (cooking it in a saucepan with 4 c. chicken broth is perfect)
1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium mango, peeled and diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 handful chopped cilantro (or two or three…)
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
freshly cracked black pepper
Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and cilantro. In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until smooth and pour on top of salad. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least one hour before serving. The longer the flavors meld in the fridge the better; I like it even more for lunch the next day. Enjoy!