This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeroesEatMMs
Captain America: Winter Soldier has just been released on DVD!
To celebrate, we went to WalMart to find it on BlueRay, have some yummy Superheroes cupcakes, and pick up M&M’s for our movie treats.
The girls chose Iron Man (Uncle Sean would be proud):
The toppers were actually little rings, so we all were sporting ours.
I picked Thor, because…THOR:
At home, we made Captain America shields out of sugar cookies & M&M’s. They turned out so cute! Are you allowed to refer to a superhero’s weapon as cute?
I used my Sugar Cookie & Easy Buttercream Frosting recipes (below), then decorated with regular & mini M&M’s. I did my best to make the star out of the frosting, a toothpick helped get it looking like a star and not a blob :)
I’d forgotten how good those Mini M&M’s are! When I was growing up, before we went on an airplane for vacation, my mom would take us to the store to get some snacks for the plane. I remember getting Mini M&M’s in the little colorful plastic tubes and putting them in my backpack. Yum!
Here is a video of us making and playing with our Captain America Cookie Shields, I hope you try making them at home – your kids (& husbands aka big kids) will have a blast!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add egg and mix. Add the powdered sugar and beat well, scraping down sides as needed. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to about ½ inch thick. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky. Cut into desired shapes and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer until very soft and light, about three minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate until needed. Enjoy!!