For my sister’s Bridal Shower, I created this Black Forest Bacon Quiche recipe. It turned out so well that I had to make it again to share! It was really nerve-racking not being able to taste it before it was served at the shower (can’t really cut a slice out and then bring the rest to the party), but it was a winner. Whew!
Everything for the recipe can be found at Trader Joe’s! The Black Forest Bacon is so flavorful; you have to be careful not to eat it all before it goes into the quiche :)
Cook up the bacon until it’s nice and crispy. Quiche is squishy enough, you want to add some depth to it.
Caramelize the onions in the bacon grease, because why not?!
Bake all of the goodness up in a springform pan
Slice and enjoy!
- 12 ounces Uncured Black Forest Bacon
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pie crust
- Remove pie crust from freezer to thaw according to package directions.
- Coat a 9 inch springform pan with non-stick spray and lay pie crust inside. Prick multiple times with a fork to ensure it doesn't bubble up and bake at 450 degrees for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Chop bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook over medium heat in a cast iron skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain. Pat off any excess grease.
- Leave bacon grease in the skillet and add the onions, turning heat down if necessary, and cooking until soft and caramelized.
- Remove onions to a plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and salt.
- Stir in the cheese, bacon, and onions until combined.
- Pour into baked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until set at the edges and slightly wobbly in the middle.
- Cool on a wire rack until completely set and gently remove the springform pan.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!