As part of ModernMom Insiders, I was sent a promotional item to facilitate this post. All opinions are 100% mine and this recipe is my original twist on a classic.
Have you ever made homemade lasagna before? The first time I did, I was surprised at how hard it was to keep the lasagna noodles from tearing once they were cooked. It was a long process that was totally worth it in the end, but I don’t have that kind of time on a daily basis.
Today, I’m sharing my twist on a classic lasagna recipe. It’s ready in 30 minutes and your kids will love helping you assemble the personal lasagnas!
I used Ragú®’s Old World Style® Traditional Sauce, cheese raviolis, and mozzarella cheese. So easy!
Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes, making it its richest, thickest recipe versus their previous OWS formula.
Ada & Lola were so excited to help me on our assembly line! I did the sauce, they were the ravioli and cheese distributors.
Sauce, raviolis, repeat.
Little (clean) helping hands!
Ready for cheese:
Finally the messiest & most fun part – topping with cheese!
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, brown under the broiler, serve with garlic bread and a green salad and you’ve got a perfect Italian meal!
We invited the Parkers over for dinner, we go way back! Tiana and I have been best friends since we were three years old. We both married boys who speak French and each have two kids.
I busted out the tablecloth and cloth napkins for our feast! So much fun with this bunch, we could talk and laugh for hours.
I tend to take pictures right after everyone takes a huge bite…look at Lola!
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 (20 oz.) package refrigerated cheese raviolis
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oven-safe ramekins on counter.
- Boil refrigerated raviolis according to package directions (approx. 10 min.) and drain.
- Spoon about a Tablespoon of sauce into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Layer raviolis on top, we used three for each layer.
- Follow with another layer of sauce, and another layer of raviolis, repeating until you have reached the top of the ramekin and ended with the sauce layer.
- Top each lasagna generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange mini-lasagnas on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Broil for 5-10 minutes until cheese is browned.
For more authentic Italian recipe ideas, visit: http://facebook.com/RaguSauce
Also, Ragú has a Better and Better Sweepstakes running right now that you should go enter! You can win Authentic Italian themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Italy for a family of four at www.RaguSweeps.com. Yes, please!Pin It