For Ada’s Princess Birthday Party, she wanted a PINK PRINCESS CAKE! I made the same Homemade Yellow Cake from Smitten Kitchen that I made for Matt’s Birthday, then topped it with Joy the Baker’s Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting. The result was this perfectly pink concoction that hit the spot! I put a plastic tiara on top and called it good.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Food coloring
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the butter. Beating for 1 to 2 minutes, until well incorporated. Next, add the brown sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla extract, and beat until well incorporated. On low speed, slowly add the powdered sugar. Scrape down sides as needed, add food coloring (if using), and beat until smooth. Spread on cake and enjoy!
My friend Melissa was so thoughtful and grabbed my camera, I wouldn’t have any pictures of me or the cake action if it wasn’t for her! Thanks :)