Would you believe me if I told you that this smoothie tastes just like a piña colada?
Well, it does. I know it sounds crazy, but you can’t even taste the spinach! You taste coconut and pineapple. It is such a treat and a regular I love to make as a snack after church, for breakfast, or in between lunch and dinner.
The inspiration for this recipe came in the BlendTec cookbook, but it calls for actual coconut meat. I never have that on hand. So, it’s been modified to fit what I usually have in my kitchen.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Juice from half a lime (I’ve made this without the lime juice and it’s still great)
- 3 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to blender in order listed. Blend until smooth, blending longer if you prefer less coconut texture. Serve and enjoy!