OXO sent me their new Spiralizer to test out. All opinions are 100% my own!
OXO has a new product, called a Spiralizer. It makes long, uniform noodles out of your favorite vegetables! I tried it out with cucumbers from our garden and carrots from the grocery store :) It was easy to use and not too bulky. I like that it’s compact and won’t take up much space in my cupboard. Even my girls tried it and had fun making long spirals that look like Auntie Lindsay’s hair! When they used it, we put it down on the cutting board and it was easier for them to handle. I created this recipe as a tribute to a salad at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Hama Sato. Mine has rice noodles, cucumber spirals, carrot spirals, watercress, and a vinaigrette dressing.It’s a cold salad that has a satisfying crunch, thanks to the carrots and cucumber. I like that you are getting your vegetables in without feeling like a rabbit munching on a giant carrot. I can’t wait to add carrot and cucumber spirals to my salads and other dishes! Here is the recipe, enjoy!
- 1 12 ounce package rice noodles
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large cucumber or 2 small cucumbers
- 1 bunch watercress
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, drain, and refrigerate.
- Wash and peel carrots, then proceed to turn them into spirals. Do the same for the cucumber unless you like the peel.
- Wash watercress and pat dry. Cut stems off and roughly chop.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, rice vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk olive oil in as you pour it in a steady stream.
- Place rice noodles in a bowl, add carrot and cucumber spirals, watercress, dressing, and toss. Add salt and pepper as needed/desired.