On Valentine’s Day, this beautiful bouquet of endives arrived at my door! California Endive Growers sent them to me, and I couldn’t have been more pleased. Thank you so much!! I made this salad with some them, and decided that I’d make a chicken salad to eat the rest of them with. It was a fabulous idea…you should definitely try it!
The endives are already the perfect little utensil. Just scoop some salad in, and eat the whole thing! You can be like Gene Wilder in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory when he drinks the tea and then eats the dandelion cup and saucer :)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- Juice of half a lemon (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Combine chicken, celery, onion, grapes, and almonds in a large bowl. In a separate, small bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing mixture over the salad and fold in until all of the ingredients are coated. Spoon chicken salad into individual endive leaves and arrange on platter. Serve & enjoy!