This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
For this recipe, I used La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. They give the chicken filling a nice smoky flavor, and you can add as many or as little as you’d like depending on how much heat you can handle! I had to make mine mild for my girls and I; Matt would love to have the whole can in there :)
I bought them at Vallarta Market downtown, that place is so much fun! My girls love shopping there and my husband loves the fresh Mexican food. He got a burrito + sides for $7. Their produce section is amazing and I’m so excited a new one is coming closer to us on Broadway, right across from the new El Toro! Mmm :) La Morena items can also be found at Food 4 Less.
These taquitos are so easy to make! I like to do the chicken filling ahead of time and refrigerate it until I’m ready to roll the taquitos up and bake them. I put all of the ingredients in my Kitchen-Aid and let it do the work of shredding and mixing it all! Get your station ready: Place your chicken filling on top:Roll it up as tight as you can,Like so:And place on a greased, foil-lined sheet.Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with salsa and guacamole (recipe below), or dips of your choice. I made this salsa that is always a favorite! Enjoy!
- 4 cooked chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 7 ounces green salsa
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- flour tortillas
- queso fresco
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add chicken, chipotle peppers, green salsa, lime juice, onion powder, garlic, cilantro, green onions, and cheddar cheese. Mix on low speed until chicken is shredded, speeding up as necessary to combine all ingredients to make taquito filling.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop about 3 Tablespoons of the chicken filling onto each tortilla and wrap tightly. Lay taquitos next to one another in your pan, not touching, seam facing down.
- Spray or rub tops with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crunchy and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with green onions and crumbled queso fresco.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.
- 4 avocados
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice and pit avocados, place in a medium bowl & mash. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and mix to combine. Add more seasoning as necessary.