I got a new wok for Christmas! Thanks Nana & Bobba :) To break it in, I made up a new recipe. It is SO GOOD! Instead of fried rice, it’s fried quinoa!
I also got a new lens for Christmas, a nifty fifty! I feel like a bonafide food blogger & and am loving the look it gives my pictures. Thanks Pops!
If you’ve had quinoa before, you know that it can be pretty bland. I cook my quinoa in chicken stock instead of water which helps give it more flavor. The bacon also helps give more flavor to this dish, too. I hope you like it, my family gobbled it up and finished the leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 bacon slices
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks (or canned or fresh)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse quinoa and place in a medium pan along with the chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut the bacon into quarters and fry in wok until crisp. Remove from wok and pat off grease. Set aside.
- Drain the grease from the wok, but don't clean it. Scramble the eggs in the remaining bacon grease and season with salt and pepper. Add eggs to plate with bacon, setting aside for later.
- Add peas and pineapple to the hot wok, stirring until thawed.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, then add to wok. Add the bacon & eggs as well, tossing to combine with the peas and pineapple. Pour some of the soy sauce over the mixture a little bit at a time mixing as you go until your desired taste is reached.