This post was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I love a good bowl of chili! It’s hearty, filling, healthy, and my whole family will eat it. You can’t go wrong with a one-pot meal that will do that! My girls especially love crunching up tortilla chips and blowing/sprinkling them on their chili a la Nacho Libre :) S&W Beans sent me a big old box of beans to try out and I was excited to see some new (to me) varieties in there! The White Chili Beans on the left were perfect for this recipe, as pointed out on the label. I’m so creative ;) Have you ever opened a can of beans before and they aren’t the best quality? I recently bought an off-brand and was so disappointed while rinsing them. They started to fall apart in the strainer! S&W Beans aren’t like that. They’re better…they look great and taste great. It’s no wonder, since they’ve been holding the bean industry to the highest standards for over 120 years! Their beans are beautiful to look at and healthy to eat. One of baby June’s most favorite foods right now is beans! She loved these after they’d been softened, cooked, and cooled down of course. I love having another healthy option to feed her, and all of us for that matter! This chili won’t be around for long. My husband was scraping the pot for the rest of it once he had a taste and realized how healthy it was! If you don’t like heat, I’d add less jalapeño pepper and cumin to start. To get a great deal on your own S&W beans, see the coupon link at the bottom of this post!
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can S&W white beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can S&W white chili beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 medium Anaheim pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, for topping
- Tortilla chips, for topping
- Drain and rinse the canned white beans, set aside.
- Add the canola oil to a large French oven and heat over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cumin (less than 1 Tablespoon if you want to stay on the mild side) and chili powder and continue to sauté for 1 more minute. Pour in the chicken stock and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes. Use an immersion blender, or transfer some of the chili to a blender, to blend to desired consistency.
- After 20 minutes of simmering, taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary. Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken and cilantro and simmer until heated through, about 5 more minutes. Serve the chili in individual bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and cilantro.